The bell times for the 2013-2014 school year for J.W. Alvey are 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We will open our doors at 8:20 a.m. so our day can begin with morning announcements at 8:30. Dismissal will begin at 3:00 p.m.
Parent escort pick-up will be in the gym. Parents will enter the front door and immediately go into the gym to await the arrival of their children. Children for Kiss and Ride will be dismissed from the kingergarten wing. Parents who wish to use Kiss and Ride will be asked to complete a form so that a number can be assigned to the car and child. A template will be provided for the visor in your car for easy visibility by the staff. The numbers will be called and children will go to the appropriate car. This procedure will bring the cars up to the playground area giving us more room in the front for loading. SAC will be using the cafeteria and will enter and exit via the front gym door. Our goal is to make arrival and dismissal as smooth as possible.
1. Obey driver's instructions.
2. Be seated immediately. Remain there.
3. Share seats equally.
4. Be courteous, respect property.
5. Stay inside bus. Keep aisles clear.
6. Leave bus equipment alone.
7. Observe good conduct.
8. not permitted - smoking, profanity, fire, large objects, eating, trash, weapons,
glass objects, loud noise, fighting, horseplay, drinking, vandalism, threats
9. Obtain permission from driver before using wireless
communication devices or cellular phones
10. Driver required to report violators.